- Annual deductible (not per incident)
- No lifetime payout limits on any plan
- Wellness coverage available as an add-on
- Easy to submit claims on mobile apps
- Lower than average pricing
- Coverage available for pets aged 8 weeks to 20+ years (depending on breed)
- Company makes sizeable charitable contributions to causes of their customers' choosing
- Vet exams for accidents and illnesses only covered in extended add-on plan
- Must pay extra for physical therapy, acupuncture, and hydrotherapy coverage
- Only available in 34 states and DC
- Doesn't enroll some breeds once they hit a certain age, but they never terminate coverage for pets as they age
What Do People Say About Lemonade?
When I got Ludo at 8 weeks 1 day in December I had already reached out to Lemonade for insurance. They were very timely and thorough with their responses. They sent me info on exactly what kind of physical they needed. All went very smoothly and I was happy. We are retired and long time dog owners. I know it only takes one accident or sickness to cost thousands. Wanting the best for our pup I knew insurance was the most responsible option. We had a one year old pound puppy that came with one month’s insurance- we kept that but I decided to put Ludo on Lemonade. I liked what I read, and it’s true!
Frederick – Lemonade
Lemonade Insurance has a feature that makes it more appealing. When you buy insurance via Lemonade, you choose a charity, and your contributions are pooled with those of other policyholders. Each year, after paying expenditures and claims, the corporation donates any remaining funds to customers’ favorite charities. This amounts to more than $1.1 million in donations from July 2020 to June 2021.